Monday, 10 December 2012

Comedy Editing Assignment: Initial Preparation

In Friday's session I started preparing the comedy editing in Final Cut pro.  I had already printed off the script and went through all the clips to get a good feel of the footage that I would be dealing with.

The task is to edit one three minute scene.  At this stage I was deciding whether to edit the first scene outside the supermarket, or scene 11 which is the dinner party scene.  I erred towards the dinner party scene as it is less slapstick than the supermarket scene, and has some nice close ups of the characters' expressions as they try to go ahead with the false date idea.

My first task was to go through all the clips, watch them carefully and label them accordingly, so that the names give good information about the contents of the clips.




No comments:

Post a Comment