Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Oh Happy Day!!

I think I have worked out the quirk on the mac in the edit suite that I was using on Friday to do the comedy edit.  This is machine 1-22 that wouldn't let anybody log on last night.

The trick seems to be to try logging on, only for the little wheel to go round and round while it thinks about doing something before shuddering to a halt and not letting you log on.  Having tried that several times, the next step in the process is to swear a lot and revert to the oldest IT repair trick in the world...  unplug the computer, plug it back in again and start the whole logging on process again.  This time it works!!




Oh Happy Day! Update

After getting settled into working on my comedy edit, finally, the fire alarms went off in Harmer building and we had to evacuate!

At least I got some work done before I had to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment