Thursday, 20 December 2012

Comedy Edit: Further Technical Problems with Macs in Edit Suite

As I mentioned / ranted in a previous post, there are ongoing problems with the machines in the big edit suite. 

On Monday the 17th I came in to university with every intention of continuing with the rough cut of my comedy edit, but was thwarted in my attempts, yet again, by technical errors with the Macs.  The issues now not only include not being able to log on and scratch disk error messages, but the machine I was working on also decided to quit Final Cut Pro without warning at any given time.




I had previously reported the issue of not being able to log on, and the scratch disk error to Chris, and when I reported it to stores they informed me that they no longer look after the machines in the edit suite and that we have to go through IT.  Stores kindly phoned IT for me and two technicians turned up together, within the hour.  That was promising.  However, when they arrived, after looking to see if different settings would make a difference they informed me that they "don't know much about Macs", that "we don't usually deal with these" and were unable to solve the problem.  They did say that maybe it will fix itself after Christmas when the Macs have been wiped of student work.      

Again, I would like to point out how, when I have gone to great efforts to organise my time to work on the projects for the different modules, it is extremely annoying when it's the university facilities that waste my time and stop me from working.

No comments:

Post a Comment