Thursday, 1 November 2012

CV Workshop

For our session on Friday Chris has asked us to bring in a copy of our current CV.

Obviously, because I have had a full, and varied, professional career to date, plus a variety of voluntary roles and a portfolio of media production work, I have different versions of my CV geared towards whether I am applying for office based or more media based positions.

This is my current 'office / voluntary' sector CV:




Using the examples posted on Blackboard I have created this version of my CV for the session on Friday.  I know that it will need some reworking but I am interested to see what advice Chris can provide.

This is my Media CV as it stands at the moment:

In Friday's session Chris went through my CV and advised me as to how to change it to be best received by people recruiting within the industry.

I am really pleased that we had this session so that I can amend the CV.  I want to be confident that I'm sending a good CV when I apply for work

I made notes of the changes that Chris suggested...


...and have amended my CV accordingly.  This is the latest draft.

I think this looks, and reads a lot better, but I want to run it by Chris again and see if there are any more changes I should make to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment