I was quite happy with the arrangement in the rough cut and set to work clipping the footage and audio subclips so I could see the flow and pace of the clips that I put together. I did try out a few of the different takes just to make sure that I was using the best clip for the sequence. I also split the dialogue clips to affect the pacing of the narration.
I was conscious of continuity throughout, cropping the rear red power car of the train as it doesn't appear on the countryside exterior train shots and I made sure that the external shots of the train matched the audio (some of the audio recorded had been of shorter trains than those filmed). I also looked out for the position in which the travellers were sitting and the cannibal's jacket, these had implications with their continuity, as did the different styles of roof between the station concourse and the platform hall and the direction of travel of the train and whether the carriage curtains were open or closed.
In the rough cut I experimented with putting the tunnel and metal grill shots together. For these to match up I played around with the speed of the metal grill and tunnel clips to get the imagery to flow at the same pace.
As you can see in the screengrab, I used an atmos track whilst cropping my subclips on the timeline. This was just for me to get a feel for the footage and was never going to be used in that state as the final atmos track.



No comments:
Post a Comment